Monday 31 March 2014

Great White

Carr Lane Pools (Hale Village) - 31/03/14, 15:30

I was driving through Hale today and couldn't resist a quick look at Carr Lane Pools and the adjacent Hale Marsh which was partially flooded today; I'm glad I did as I managed to catch up with the long staying Great White Egret which has spent the winter ranging along the coastline here between Hale and Spike Island; the bird was fishing on a flooded section of Hale Marsh between the Duck Decoy and Hale Road....for once I owe the roadworks a big thank you as it was the temporary traffic signals that gave me the chance to look over the marsh and spot the Egret! A full roundup of this cracking area follows:

Great White Egret (Hale Marsh)
Red Breasted Goose (Hale Marsh with Shelduck)
3 Little Egret (Hale Marsh)
18 Golden Plover
2 Redshank
2 Oystercatcher
Common Buzzard
11 Gadwall
2 Shoveller
45 Teal
Chiffchaff

Hanford, Stoke On Trent - 31/03/14

Red Kite
3 Common Buzzard
6 Chiffchaff

No comments: